[LRUG] Seeking part-time contract

Rob Isenberg robisenberg at me.com
Wed Feb 3 10:01:04 PST 2016

Hi LRUG,

If you’re looking for someone to work on a small project, or to augment an existing team or otherwise need a part-time dev, I’d love to chat (direct email is best).

So here’s the part where I pitch myself…

I've worked on projects for Sky, BBC, Deutsche Bank, Amnesty International (at New Bamboo), Mencap, Transport for London, Universal Studios. Here’s some nice things past clients have said: https://uk.linkedin.com/in/robisenberg#recommendations <https://uk.linkedin.com/in/robisenberg#recommendations>.

I’m an experienced contractor: on-site or remote, individually or as part of team (see list of technologies/skills below.) I’ve done 100% pairing (check out my recent blog post https://medium.com/@robisenberg/pair-programming-a-semi-definitive-guide-44bab1c9c1de#.u7ijog20k <https://medium.com/@robisenberg/pair-programming-a-semi-definitive-guide-44bab1c9c1de#.u7ijog20k>), 0% pairing and most things in-between. I do Agile, but value the principles higher than the practices.

I love delivering great products and quality software.

I tend to bring more value than just development. I’m solid at Design/UI/UX, and have a strong interest in the business side too (data-driven approach, The Lean Startup, Steve Blank etc). In my last contract I organised regular “lunch and learn” sessions, and gave a couple of talks on The Lean Startup, and Docker.

Drop me a line to discuss your project and how I might fit.

Thanks,

Rob

BACK-END
Ruby
Sinatra
Ruby on Rails
SOA & API design
MySQL, Postgres, Oracle
Memcached, Redis
Go, Elixir, Some Other Language (not yet, but happy to learn)

FRONT-END
Javascript
Coffeescript
Ember.js