[LRUG] [ANN] February meeting details

Murray Steele murray.steele at lrug.org
Sat Jan 23 02:19:30 PST 2016

Hi all,

With apologies for the delay here are the details of our February meeting.

When: Monday 8th February, doors at 6pm, talks at 6:30pm, done by 8pm.

Where: Skills Matter @ Code Node, 10 South Place, EC2M 7EB

What: It’s our annual lightning talk evening where we have 8 speakers
giving talks of no more than 10 minutes.

Who: The line up is (in alphabetical order, it might be different on the
night):

* Charlotte Spencer - "Making your first pull request"
* Chris Blackburn - "Continuous Feedback"
* Dave Nolan - "ENUMERABLE!"
* Najaf Ali - "How to use focused reading to become a better developer"
* Peter Saxton - "Building with domain concepts."
* Tomas Valent - "Web Developer Life Hacks"
* Tom Cartwright - "Psychology of programming: A very short introduction"
* Tom Stuart - "Automatic differentiation in Ruby”

You can find a bit more about each talk on
http://lrug.org/meetings/2016/february/

How: If you’d like to attend you should:

1. Read the code of conduct on http://readme.lrug.org/
2. Register your attendance with our hosts Skills Matter
https://skillsmatter.com/meetups/7698-lrug-february-2016-lightning-talks-meeting

If previous years are anything to go by this is likely to be a popular
evening, and while the new venue has a much improved capacity I wouldn’t
want anyone to be turned away at the door for lack of signing up.  Please
do register if you plan on coming along!

Afterwards: You can hang out downstairs at Code Node to mingle with
attendees of the other metopes they host.  There’s also a cash bar for
drinks if you’re thirsty.  You can also head over to The Singer Tavern, 1
City Road, EC1Y 1AG where a wide array of drinks, food, and other rubyists
will be available.

After-afterwards: Check out the meeting on lanyrd
http://lanyrd.com/2016/lrug-february/ where we’ll post links to videos,
slides, write-ups etc… (this is a wiki style site so you can add your own
artefacts if you’d like).

Cheers,

Murray