[LRUG] [JOBS] Building a Product and developing a Culture

Peter Saxton peterhsaxton at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 02:53:43 PDT 2016

Hi LRUG.

I have just started work at a StartUp which is currently looking to employ
another ~4 developers.

The company is currently running on a Legacy PHP system.
This was developed externally and worked well for the early stages of the
company and has allowed them to have some successful funding rounds.
Currently our priority is to replace this system with one that can be
maintained by a larger team and to bring development in house.
At the moment we are exploring technology options, including Scala, Ruby
and Elixir as well as the possibility to use event sourcing instead of a
RDBS based persistence layer.

Responsibilities will include
- Architecting the new system
- Developing across the whole stack
- Actively evolving our workflow so the development team communicates well
with the rest of the company

We are looking for developers who are
- interested in using there own initiative in software design. The
challenges of this project are to make it robust and have an accurate
domain model so it is extensible. We have a relatively low amount of high
value traffic so the scaling requirements are not that severe.
- Experience with any language and hopefully a couple of different ones. We
are willing to spend some time helping a good developer of any background
up to speed in our chosen stack. It will also be helpful if you want to get
involved in the process of choosing technology.
- Find the idea of developing how the team operates as interesting as
developing the software.

Perks may include
pair programming, conference budget, 10% time, new equipment, remote working

The engineering team is brand new so if any of the above are important to
you we are happy to talk about them and see if they are something we can do.

--
Working on the Globe campaign
<https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/workshop14/globe-see-through-the-earth?>