[LRUG] [ANN] April meeting

Murray Steele murray.steele at lrug.org
Mon Mar 21 14:50:47 PDT 2016

Hi all,

If you’ve been waiting for the April meeting details, your vigil is over as
here they are.  If you haven’t, well, uh, I’m sorry, but they’re here now
so why not read them anyway.

The meeting will be on Monday 11th April hosted by Skills Matter at Code
Node (https://skillsmatter.com/locations/264-skills-matter-codenode).

6:00pm — doors will open and you can do some pre-meeting mingling with
other LRUG attendees in the Skills Matter bar
6:30pm — we start the meeting with our usual admin + announcements and then
move swiftly on to our three talks:

   - “JRuby+Truffle: A faster but simpler new Ruby” by Dr Chris Seaton
   - “Doing Things Differently at Reevoo” by Jonny Arnold
   - “Continuous Feedback” by Chris Blackburn

8:00pm — we’re done with the talks and you can hang out with other
attendees at our chosen pub (the Singer Tavern) or in the Skills Matter bar.

There’s a full write up of all the talks at
http://lrug.org/meetings/2016/april/ <http://lrug.org/meetings/2016/march/>.

If this sounds like the kind of way you’d like to spend an evening you
should:

1. Check out our code of conduct at http://readme.lrug.org/#code-of-conduct
2. Register with our hosts to secure your place:
https://skillsmatter.com/meetups/7987-lrug-april-meetup

It’s extra important that you register this month as we won’t be in the big
upstairs room because some other event is using it.  We’ll be downstairs in
a room with 150 capacity and if you haven’t registered you might not get in.

After the event you can check out http://lanyrd.com/2016/lrug-april/ to see
links to videos, blog posts, code examples, etc… about the event.

Cheers,

Murray