[LRUG] June meeting - space available

Murray Steele murray.steele at lrug.org
Fri May 13 03:10:56 PDT 2016

Hi all,

At the May meeting on Monday I mentioned that there was space available at
the June and July meetings.  I’ve spoken to a few folk and it looks like
the July meeting is now looking full, but there’s still space at the June
meeting.  If the thought of a 2-3 month delay between volunteering and
getting to give a talk was getting you down then you should jump right in
and you’ll get to speak in only a few weeks!

If you’ve never spoken before have a look at http://readme.lrug.org/#talks for
some tips and details about timing etc….  LRUG is pretty permissive when it
comes to talk topics; it doesn’t need to be directly about ruby - if you’re
a ruby programmer and you think it’s interesting, chances are the rest of
us will too.  You also don’t need to think of yourself as an expert - some
of the best talks I’ve seen have been from people newer to ruby or
programming who brought a fresh perspective on something I thought I knew
inside-out already.

For the avoidance of doubt: if you’ve got this far and are thinking “oh
well, sure, but that doesn’t mean I could give a talk, he’s not speaking to
me”, I don’t want to say “you are wrong”, but… you *are* wrong - I
absolutely mean you.

Come and talk at LRUG - you'll be great.

Cheers,

Murray

ps.  Although this is specifically about space at the June meeting, there’s
a meeting every month so if you can’t make June that doesn’t mean you’ve
missed out.  Come and talk to us in August, September, October, November,
December, January, February, March, April, or May!