[LRUG] [ANN] June meeting details

Murray Steele murray.steele at lrug.org
Tue May 24 07:07:34 PDT 2016

Hi all,

It’s nearly June so what better time to talk about our meeting for that
month.

It’ll be on Monday 13th June, hosted by our good friends Skills Matter at
Code Node.  The doors will open at 6pm for mingling and securing the best
possible seat.  At 6:30pm the lights will dim and you’ll be transported to
a wonderful world of ruby where you’ll hear from:

* Jo Pearce talking about “Hacking Your Head : Managing Information
Overload”
* Rob Kitromilides talking about “Open Sesame: A beginners guide to
passwords”
* Tom Close talking about “Refactoring a monolith with rails engines”

You can find more details on these talks at:
http://lrug.org/meetings/2016/june/

If you’d like to attend you should:

1. Read the code of conduct: http://readme.lrug.org/#code-of-conduct
2. Register with our hosts:
https://skillsmatter.com/meetups/8169-hacking-your-head-and-open-sesame

Note that we’ll be in one of the downstairs rooms again with a strict room
capacity of 150 humans.  Please sign up to secure your position as one of
those humans as I can’t guarantee that you’ll be allowed in if you haven’t
signed up.  If you do sign up and realise you can no longer attend, you can
manage your attendance via the Skills Matter site to let an alternative
human on the wait list take your place.

Once the event is done we’ll post links to videos, slides, blog posts,
etc.. on lanyrd at http://lanyrd.com/2016/lrug-june/ so if you can’t attend
you can catch up on all the goings on there.

Cheers,

Murray