[LRUG] [JOBS] Neos needs Ruby devs!

Daniel Knight daniel.knight at neos.co.uk
Fri Nov 11 10:04:01 PST 2016

Hey LRUG,

30 second pitch: Neos is a new kind of home insurance. We package traditional buildings and contents insurance with the very latest smart home technology (like connected alarm systems, cameras, leak sensors and smoke alarms). The basic idea is that we think insurance should prevent bad things happening outright where possible - it’s just better for everyone involved, right? Customers also get 24/7 monitoring and home assistance cover bundled in. Anyway, you can read all the details about us from our website<https://neos.co.uk/> so I won’t copy and paste everything in here for the sake of it.

We are building our IoT and insurance platform from the ground up though, and need devs to join our team. It’s Ruby pretty much through and through (some Rails, some not) and runs as a series of micro services in Docker containers on AWS. More details on the role and our stack can be found here<https://neos.workable.com/jobs/328441>.

Primarily, looking for senior ruby developers but also have room for a junior to join the team. Looking to grow a lot in the coming months so applications welcome at all levels (we may have something for you very soon.)

A few more specifics to save you the time:

 *   Based in Hoxton Square, London. Happy with semi-remote working (coming into London periodically for sprint reviews etc)
 *   Full-time, permanent hires are our end goal, but also looking for contractors to help us fill the gap between now and making permanent hires. Part time would also be considered
 *   For experienced, full-time, onsite hires we’re paying up to £80k
 *   Agile development, lots of DevOps, CI/CD, infrastructure monitoring, etc etc
 *   We’re just a really friendly bunch and we love solving problems as a team :)
 *   No agencies please

Apply online now<https://neos.workable.com/jobs/328441>   Or, if you have question (or just want to chat), all my details are in my signature below.

A bit more about us from around the web:

- http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2016/10/18/smart-home-insurer-scores-investment-from-gary-lineker/
- http://connectedlife.style/safety-first-how-neos-plans-to-combine-the-smart-home-with-insurance/
- http://www.live-smart.co/feature/neos-smart-home-insurance-work-2-7753
- http://www.insurancetimes.co.uk/qa-with-matt-poll-of-insurtech-firm-neos/1418049.article

https://neos.workable.com/

Thanks LRUG, have a good week!

[http://neos.co.uk/email-sigs/neos-logo-email.png]

Daniel Knight
CPO
t: 0203 210 3000<tel:0203%20210%203000>
m: 07815 807725<tel:07815%20807725>
w: neos.co.uk<http://neos.co.uk>
a: 2 – 4 Hoxton Square, London, N1 6NU <https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/2-4+Hoxton+Square,+London+N1+6NU>

[http://neos.co.uk/email-sigs/f.png]<https://www.facebook.com/neos.co.uk/>
[http://neos.co.uk/email-sigs/tw.png]<https://twitter.com/getneos>
[http://neos.co.uk/email-sigs/in.png]<https://www.linkedin.com/company/neos>

This is an email from Neos Ventures Ltd. The contents of this email and all its attachments may contain legally privileged or confidential information. It is intended solely for the ordinary user of the email address to which it was addressed. No one else may copy or forward all or any of it in any form. If you receive this email in error, we should be obliged if you would telephone us or reply to the sender of this email informing them about the error. Please note that all calls to and from Neos Ventures may be monitored and/or recorded for training and quality purposes.