[LRUG] [JOBS] Dressipi is looking for a backend developer

Frederick Cheung frederick.cheung at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 03:40:03 PDT 2016

TLDR: Interested in a job that combines infrastructure challenges, fashion, rails & fun problems? Email me

I'm looking for a ruby/rails developer to join the Dressipi backend  team in London (near Oxford Circus) as a permanent member of staff.

The elevator pitch is that we're trying to solve personalization in the clothing retail industry, both online and (in the near future) in store. We're helping both retailers improve their sales and consumers find the right items for them. We've got loads of idea on how to improve that service (both for our retailers and their customers) so we're hiring an extra person to help unblock that pipelines. We're working with some big retailers (M&S, Very, Topshop etc.) so your work will impact millions of consumers and how they find and buy clothes.

I'm not a huge fan of labels such as senior/midlevel etc. You should however

- Be comfortable with Rails, Ruby, SQL
- have enough knowledge to know when to stop & ask for help

In depth knowledge of rails is secondary to abstract reasoning skills.

The role is pretty varied. Depending on aptitude & interest it covers:
- the infrastructure side of things, including scaling out to more than 1 AWS region
- exposing our functionality as APIs (either consumed by other parts of Dressipi or our partners)
- working on functionality such as our automated outfit builder, push notifications for our upcoming mobile app and so on

We're looking for someone interested in taking ideas from their inception all the way to delivery. Typically this starts from a conversation with a product owner to nail down the problem we're trying to solve, often involves talking with our stylist team if some domain expertise is needed and of course bouncing ideas off other team members to work out the best approach.

The tech stack for our web apps is Rails, Elasticsearch, Mongodb + Mysql, deployed to AWS

There's a bit more info at dressipi.com/jobs but basically if you're interested email me and we'll take it from there.

Thanks for reading!

Fred