[LRUG] [ANN] October meeting details

Murray Steele murray.steele at lrug.org
Fri Sep 30 05:34:18 PDT 2016

Hi all,

The meeting will be on Monday 10th October.  As usual we’ll be hosted by
Skills Matter at Code Node, 10 South Place, London EC2M 2RB.

Unusually the meeting will start at 7:15 and run until 8:45.

You’ll be able to turn up from 6 like normal as the downstairs foyer area
will be open so you can use the cash bar and seating there. Alternatively
you could grab some quick food from the many eateries nearby, but do note
that talks will start at 7:15 sharp, so you won’t really have time to go
for a full 3-course dinner incorporating amuse bouche, “snacks”, palate
cleansers, and petit fours.

We have 4 talks lined up for you:

* “Development Re-bundling in Dockerland” - by Charlie Egan
* “A month of I18n in 10 minutes” by Chris Radford
* “Joining the mob: Top 12 mob programming tips and thoughts” by Emma Beynon
* “An open-source contribution story” by Murray Steele

More details on each of these talks is available at our website:
http://lrug.org/meetings/2016/october/

To attend you should:

1. Visit http://readme.lrug.org/ to remind yourself of our code of conduct,
which you should bear in mind not just during the formal meeting, but
before and after if you are mingling with other LRUG attendees
2. Use Skills Matter’s website to sign up to the event and secure your
seat:
https://skillsmatter.com/meetups/8500-development-re-bundling-in-dockerland-and-a-month-of-i18n-in-10-minutes

After the event you can check out the lanyrd page for the meeting
http://lanyrd.com/2016/lrug-october/ . This is where we’ll post links to
slides, videos, write-ups and any other coverage we find about the meeting.
If you decide to post something about the meeting why not add it too so
it’s easy for folk to find later.

Sorry for the delay in announcing this meeting, I hope you haven’t all made
plans and will still be able to make it.

Cheers,

Murray