[LRUG] [JOBS] Engineering Team Lead @ Pact Coffee

Careers at Pact Careers at Pact careers at pactcoffee.com
Mon Apr 24 07:22:12 PDT 2017

Hi all,

We are looking for a passionate, talented engineering manager to lead our
software team, plus take on the growth of IT and QA, within a start-up
environment. Creating new products and scaling our existing ones. You will
manage, develop and inspire your team ensuring that we delivery
continuously to a high standard, and with high value to our customers. You
actively champion the research and development of new opportunities, and
the scalability of technology within the business through investment in our
platform and our team, plus managing our technology suppliers.

*YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES*

*Owning Tech*

   - Setting the visions, goals and strategy for technology within the
   business, owning the technology stack and architecture, creating a longer
   term technology strategy for driving the business towards our company goals
   - Owning the internal technology support for the operations of the
   business, identifying opportunities to remove friction, improve self
   service and scale outside tech
   - Advising on the right technology choices, knowing where it is ok to
   cut corners, and where it absolutely isn’t
   - Owning the delivery process and quality assurance. Continually looking
   to improve our efficiency and quality
   - Representing and championing technology investment to the SMT and
   other stakeholders
   - Managing our technology suppliers, ensuring great ROI and controlling
   spend

*Leaders**hip*

   - This is a hands on leadership role, combining development with team
   development and longer term strategy
   - Line management, leadership and development for three engineers,
   clearly defining objectives and measurable results
   - Championing agile best practice, and coaching your team

*Management*

   - Line management for IT support (future hire)
   - Line management for QA (future hire)
   - Owning the scaling and recruitment plan for technology to meet
   business goals
   - Managing support, out of hours escalation

*Ways of working*

   - Working hand in hand with product management, and UX/UI, to discover
   solutions which both delight the customer, and are well designed
   - Taking an active engineering role embedded in a scrum team
   environment, with the product manager as product owner
   - You are an agile advocate, knowing how to adapt the right approach to
   the right team. You will be great at managing teams, solving complex
   problems and setting challenging goals

*About our tech*

   - Our backend is built on Ruby, and front end is React JS. We use Heroku
   and AWS

*About you*

   - You have previously worked in, and improved, agile environments
   - You have previously managed and led teams
   - Ideally you have previous start-up experience
   - You are hands-on, ideally full-stack
   - You want to understand the end user, and love to delight them
   - Your are an excellent communicator who can both inspire your team,
   your stakeholders and the leadership of the business

Interested? Please apply for our Engineering Team Lead role here
<https://pact-coffee.workable.com/jobs/429995/candidates/new>!

Feel free to reply to this email with any questions.

Thanks,

Aisling

--
*The Team*

<http://www.twitter.com/pactcoffee>
<https://plus.google.com/+PactCoffeeOfficial/>
<http://instagram.com/pactcoffee>  <https://www.facebook.com/PactCoffee>

Haven't tried us yet? *Get £10 credit* with voucher 'laurasentme'.