[LRUG] [JOBS] CharlieHR: Contractor and permanent roles

Dan Lucraft dan at charliehr.com
Fri Aug 25 03:25:47 PDT 2017

Hi LRUG,

I'm Dan, Head of Engineering at CharlieHR (and an LRUG member and
speaker since 2007). Before CharlieHR I was at Songkick for 8 years.

CharlieHR (www.charliehr.com) is a startup automating HR admin and
making running a small business easier. We don't change the world, but
we save time for companies that do.

We're looking for two on-site roles at our offices at Old Street, London:

* senior Rails contractor, 2-3 month contract to start immediately,
£400-£600 p/d
* permanent mid to senior Ruby developer

Why work at CharlieHR:

 * 16 person startup, 7 person dev team. Our team are nice, and we
want more nice people (like you).
 * We're committed to an open culture and non-discriminatory hiring.
 * We use a rational product discovery process and involve developers
at every step along the way of figuring out what to build.
 * Still early days so lots of opportunities to shape our tech and
take on projects to improve it.
 * HR is a surprisingly interesting and difficult domain. There are
lots of problems to solve here.
 * Flexible hours, WFH days, hack days. We're a startup but we want to
make a sustainable workplace from the start.
 * Annual £500 learning & development budget to spend how you wish on
your own skills (permanent only).
 * Great location right by Old Street tube, comfortable offices with
plenty of light.
 * Equity package (permanent only).

What we'd like from a candidate:

 * Something like 3 years of web dev experience for mid, 5 years for senior
 * Good Ruby and JavaScript.
 * Deep understanding of web development best practices.

More info for permanent roles, mid:
https://charliehr.workable.com/jobs/541149 and senior:
https://charliehr.workable.com/jobs/555073

Email me at dan at charliehr.com if you want to know more