[LRUG] LRUG.org domain renewal

James Adam james at lazyatom.com
Tue Dec 12 04:28:37 PST 2017

Hello folks!

As some of you may remember, in the deep past of LRUG we asked for contributions to cover the cost of renewing the lrug.org domain. Nine journeys around the sun and that renewal has almost run it’s course, and so the domain must be renewed again.

As with last time, we’ve opened a Pledgie campaign where you can, should you wish, contribute a few pounds towards keeping the site ticking over. We’re renewing it for another nine years, taking us to February 2027. Here’s the link: https://pledgie.com/campaigns/35294

Nine years ago, the latest version of Ruby was 1.8.7, our Rails apps were running version two (Plugins! Resources!), and many of the Ruby libraries we now take for granted were as yet undreamt of. I wonder where we’ll be in 2027? Ruby 3, with its mooted static typing? Rails X (pronounced “ten”)? Will we _still_ be required to HTTParty hard?

That link again: https://pledgie.com/campaigns/35294

Cheers!

– James
(on behalf of the LRUG organisers)