[LRUG] [JOBS] Senior/lead Ruby developer / Product Manager / all-round swell guy

Rob Isenberg robisenberg at me.com
Mon Feb 20 15:47:27 PST 2017

Hi all,

TL;DR: Hire me to work on your fancy (or not so fancy) project

  - senior/lead Ruby/full stack developer with Product Management experience
  - contract only
  - ideally some flexible/remote working (we have a 4 month old)
  - available immediately

If you (or someone you know) is looking for a contractor, you (they) could do a lot worse than getting in touch.

Cheers,

Rob
p.s. see random facts about me below for your enjoyment…

Who the heck is Rob Isenberg?

Most recent role. Interim CTO/Product Manager at Mush (https://www.letsmush.com <https://www.letsmush.com/>), a startup connecting mums with each other. Leading dev team (6-8 offshore) and steering product development during critical crowdfunding campaign which raised almost £1million (https://www.crowdcube.com/companies/mush <https://www.crowdcube.com/companies/mush>).

I’m writing a book. https://DockerForRailsDevelopers.com <https://dockerforrailsdevelopers.com/>

I maintained a (mildly) popular gem. https://rubygems.org/gems/clockwork/versions/1.2.0 <https://rubygems.org/gems/clockwork/versions/1.2.0>

Most technically challenging project. Leading the small team developing Sky’s Accessory Shop (https://accessories.sky.com <https://accessories.sky.com/>). Downtime = real money lost = :(

I’ve worked for...

  …media conglomerates (Sky, BBC, Universal Music, Universal Studios)

  …charities (Amnesty International, Mencap)

  …banks (Deutsche Bank)

  …the government (Transport for London)

  …startups (https://www.letsmush.com <ttps://www.letsmush.com>, Composed)

People say nice things about me. https://uk.linkedin.com/in/robisenberg#recommendations <https://uk.linkedin.com/in/robisenberg#recommendations>.

I like to pair program, but am not fanatical. Check out my blog post on pairing https://medium.com/@robisenberg/pair-programming-a-semi-definitive-guide-44bab1c9c1de#.u7ijog20k <https://medium.com/@robisenberg/pair-programming-a-semi-definitive-guide-44bab1c9c1de#.u7ijog20k>).

Favourite book on Agile. Extreme Programming Explained by Kent Beck. Gets to the core principles of Agile and highlights tradeoffs and interplay between the different practices that make up XP.

Why you should hire me? I tend to add more value to a team than just programming. I’m hot on Product Development (Design, UI, UX), am business-savvy (Lean Startup, Steve Blank, bootstrapping etc) and did I mention that I’m an all-round swell guy?