[LRUG] [JOBS] BridgeU: Full-time mid-level software engineer at Angel-based Edtech company

Gareth Adams gareth at bridge-u.com
Wed Feb 22 04:46:56 PST 2017

Hi!

BridgeU is a startup dedicated to improving the university applications
process worldwide. We believe in data-driven approaches and improving
access to information to help students make the best decision possible.

We want to find a full-time mid-level software engineer to join our
fast-growing team as we head towards the next round of investment. As well
as building out the product, you'll work with the senior developer (me!) to
improve our development practices, establishing the right conventions and
techniques among the team. We place a high emphasis on pairing and code
review as learning tools.

Ruby/Rails experience is important as our central product is a Rails app,
but good software development skills are transferrable and the person I’m
looking for will be able to apply those skills elsewhere: Ruby isn’t always
the right tool for the job and there will be plenty of opportunities to
explore other technologies.

The position is a full-time role based in Angel, salary £30-50k based on
experience, plus options.

I’ll leave other details to the actual job posting[1] but please feel free
to reply with questions on- or off-list. Particularly ask me about issues
raised in Lola’s excellent lightning talk from this month, or the rest of
the developer experience. I believe we have the right attitude to building
a strong, friendly team, but I want to know what that means to you, our
next team member :)

BridgeU is one of Seedcamp’s 12 “notable startups”[2] and one of the 2015
Edtech 20 finalists[3]

[1]:
https://angel.co/bridgeu/jobs/66044-mid-level-software-engineer-on-rails
[2]: http://seedcamp.com/seedcamp-in-numbers/