[LRUG] [JOBS] Ruby developers at FutureLearn

Tom Stuart tom.stuart at futurelearn.com
Tue Jan 10 06:31:43 PST 2017

Hi LRUG,

In case you weren’t one of the ten people who battled through the rain to last night’s meeting:

I recently joined FutureLearn as CTO. We make a Rails application that lets universities deliver free online learning to millions of people around the world, and I’m looking for Ruby developers of all experience levels to come and help us build it.

All the details are at https://futurelearn-ltd.workable.com/jobs/406671 <https://futurelearn-ltd.workable.com/jobs/406671>.

Briefly, though, you should join us for the same reason that I joined: it’s a good place to work. We pay fair, competitive salaries; we work flexible hours and are serious about encouraging a healthy work/life balance; we anonymise job applications to help us evaluate them on ability and potential rather than unconscious bias; we solve difficult and interesting problems for our users; we make an effort to build software in a sensible way, and communicate openly about how to get better at doing that.

I’m especially keen on our culture of learning — we regularly get together <https://about.futurelearn.com/blog/making-futurelearn/running-a-learning-hour/> to teach each other interesting stuff, and because we’re owned by the Open University, everyone who works here can take an OU course for free if they want to.

Anyway, there’s lots more in the ad <https://futurelearn-ltd.workable.com/jobs/406671>, but if you’re even mildly interested I encourage you to either apply or email jobs at futurelearn.com <mailto:jobs at futurelearn.com> with any questions.

Cheers,
-Tom