[LRUG] [JOBS] Senior front end developer role

Jamie Cobbett jamiecobbett85 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 02:46:39 PST 2017

We're looking for a senior front end developer[1].

# The product

Livestax is a platform which allows small, simple web applications to
connect separate pieces of data and communicate with each other. The data
is typically locked into old enterprise legacy systems without a web
interface. Livestax allows developers to quickly build simple apps to
consume, view and manipulate this data all in one customisable view.

Livestax is operating as a startup with considerable private funding in the
bank.

# The role

Livestax is a Rails application with an Angular front end. Over time, we
want to move away from Angular and replace it with a simpler Rails (plus
JavaScript) front end.
As the senior front end developer you will be responsible for keeping the
front end of the Livestax application fast, stable and performant. You will
be working closely with the lead developer and have additional support from
the product owner.

A few of the immediate things you will be working on are: simplifying the
stack, improving the mobile experience and developing components for the
JavaScript library and theme library we provide to people building on our
platform.

# Office location

We are in the Print Rooms in Southwark, within easy walking distance to
Borough Market, Tate Modern, Waterloo and London Bridge stations. The
office is bright, we've got great chairs, good coffee and tea, secure bike
parking and showers in the building.

# The details

This is a permanent full time role with a salary of 50k-60k depending on
experience. There is also a very good list of benefits. People from under
represented groups are encouraged to apply.

If this sounds of interest and you'd like to apply please submit a cover
letter and CV to hello at livestax.com. Our interview process is human
friendly and does not contain any
reverse-a-list-in-place-algorithm-binary-tree-tests-at-the-whiteboard
shenanigans.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me off list at
jamie at livestax.com and I'm happy to answer them as best I can.

Jamie

ps. We are also looking for a less senior frontend developer[2].

[1] https://www.livestax.com/jobs/senior-front-end-developer/
[2] https://www.livestax.com/jobs/front-end-developer/