[LRUG] [JOBS] Full-stack developer (Rails) at spoke.law

Danny Blackman danny.blackman at spoke.law
Fri Jan 13 02:20:11 PST 2017

Hi LRUG,

(No agencies please)

We currently have a 6 month contract for a lead Rails engineer, working in our small product team on the north-side of London Bridge.

As our lead engineer, you will be responsible for maintaining and developing the UK’s largest commercial legal marketplace. You will also be responsible for the smooth running and performance of our application, as well as supporting front-end development.

We’re now a year into our journey, and in the coming months, we’re looking to refine our product/market fit and iterate on some of our core functionality. To do this, we’re looking for a pragmatic lead engineer who can assess feasibility, be a strong technical voice when building consensus within our small team, then deliver on platform-shaping features.

Our stack:
Front-end: HTML, Sass/CSS, CoffeeScript/JS
Backend: Ruby 2.3, Ruby on Rails 4.2, TDD using RSpec / Capybara
Datastore: PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch
Devops: Heroku

This hasn’t been posted elsewhere yet, so if you're interested please send an email to recruit at spoke.law <mailto:recruit at spoke.law> and I’ll send you over a more detailed spec.

Thanks,
Danny

—

ABOUT SPOKE
Spoke is a platform for talented legal professionals to connect and work flexibly with the organisations that need them. We are a small, autonomous, cross-disciplinary product team working with – and owned by – the market leaders and well known innovators in this space.

We value:
- People over process
- Fostering a healthy, open working environment
- Data-informed decision making
- Working software over comprehensive documentation
- Shared knowledge and understanding
- Responding to change over following a plan