[LRUG] No agencies please

nicolas alpi nicolas.alpi at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 02:27:14 PST 2017

Good morning all,

I was wondering if some here on the list could help?

I run CookiesHQ, a Bristol based Ruby/JavaScript small development team.
Growing over the years we're still small but have a few developers, pm, q&a
and strategy in-house.

The team is distributed by default.

When we started, 6 years ago, we were only helping people with ideas
creating new saas product, but, over the years, we found that our real
strength lies in working on existing codebases, scaling apps, helping teams
pushing more feature for short period of time. I know it's strange, but we
quite like it.

Now, I know a few people here have been looking for freelancers in the
past, but a strong *No Agencies Please *as their opening and last sentences.

I'm trying to reach to those people and just understand why they would not
consider a small agency at all (that would effectively act as a freelance +
pm).

I would be happy to continue this discussion on the list if people think
it's relevant or take it more personal via email (nicolas at cookieshq.co.uk).

Thanks for your help.

Nic

--
Nicolas Alpi, cookies eater
Ruby on Rails, Javascript developer at CookiesHQ