[LRUG] [JOBS] Contractor at OpenCorporates

Ben Symonds ben.symonds at opencorporates.com
Mon May 22 01:24:06 PDT 2017

Hi LRUG - again!

Further to our earlier post about about permanent backend engineers,
OpenCorporates is also looking for a full-stack contractor to work on a
separate project we are involved in.

Top-level notes:

* Time: starting asap, lasting until end of September.
* Rate: up to £500/day, based on your specific skills, experience and
general fit with the rest of the team.
* Location: mainly our office in Canary Wharf, but periodic remote working
fine if we all agree it makes sense given the current work going on.
* Required skills/experience: Rails, Mongoid, RSpec.
* Desirable skills/experience: CSS (Sass).

More details:

The project is http://openownership.org - building a global register of
company "beneficial owners" (the people who ultimately own/control/benefit
from the company). There is further information on the website about the
project, but as with everything OpenCorporates does it is about opening up
company-related information to benefit society (and beneficial ownership is
a big one).

We have just finished the first phase and now have a second phase lasting
until September. So you would be picking up an existing (but very new, and,
we think, well-designed) project and taking it to the next stage.

It's currently hosted on Github and Heroku; we use all the goodness of pull
requests and review apps heavily.

You would be the main developer on the project, working with the product
owner, with me and other OpenCorporates devs guiding and helping out where
necessary.

If you're interested and want to have a chat, drop me an email!

Thanks,

Ben

--
Ben Symonds
Tech Lead

OpenCorporates :: The Open Database of the Corporate World
http://opencorporates.com
Blog: http://blog.opencorporates.com
Twitter: http://twitter.com/OpenCorporates

OpenCorporates is published by Chrinon Ltd, a company dedicated to
improving and publishing public data under an open licence that allows and
encourages reuse, including commercially. Registered in England, number
07444723.