[LRUG] [JOBS] ASMALLWORLD seeking all-rounder Software Engineer

Rory Sinclair rory at asmallworld.net
Mon May 22 02:48:58 PDT 2017

Hi folks,

We are once more looking to expand our team here at ASMALLWORLD, and wish to a full-stack engineer to join our merry band.

Our architecture is evolving nicely, with a fledgeling 'v2' API based on a Java API gateway talking to microservices - we are slowly migrating to this stack from our legacy monolithic Rails API backend.

We are also deploying shared client code (models and API request handling) across our three client platforms - web (JRuby), Android (Java) and iOS (via Google's j2objc Java => Objective C translator).

If the above sounds rather gnarly and fun to you, you may be the person we're looking for :)

We are fully remote, with flexible working hours, collaborating mainly via Slack with occasional Skype calls.  We offer full-time, ongoing contracts paid on a monthly retainer basis, with paid holidays and sick cover.  We are under new management and are implementing exciting changes for the benefit of our international member base.

If you'd like to know more, please drop me a line.  No recruiters or HR professionals, please - we are not working with recruiters at this time.

Regards

--
Rory Sinclair | Head of Technology
ASMALLWORLD