[LRUG] [JOBS] Contract and full-time Ruby role bonanza at FreeAgent 🎉

Olly Headey olly at freeagent.com
Mon Nov 13 06:24:52 PST 2017

Hi LRUGsters

FreeAgent is still growing apace and we have a fair number of roles right now, both contract and permanent, Edinburgh-based or remote. Let me try and summarise:

*Data Engineer - full time*
This is hot of the press so no link for this yet. We’re keen to grow our data platform team who are busy working on a data pipeline for instrumenting our app and building out our data warehouse to provide insight and BI for our team, as well as being a platform for future data-driven functionality in the app.

*Senior Software Engineer (Product) - full time*
https://www.workable.com/j/C7669F50C1
We’re looking for a full-time senior engineer to join our Workflow team who are focused on the core banking user experience (the most popular part of our app) right now. If you’ve introduced React.js successfully on commercial Rails projects in the past then we’d love to hear from you!

*Senior Software Engineer (Banks) - contract*
We have a couple of contract roles on our Banks team. You’ll be involved in a variety of things – building a killer experience for our NatWest/RBS customers, improving our underlying banking platform to pay down some tech debt and to provide support for cool new stuff such as Open Banking and support for “challenger" banks.

*Senior Operations Engineer*
https://www.workable.com/j/3F58AF974B
Not much Ruby here, but if you know someone who knows someone… our Ops team help support and scale the infra that runs FreeAgent in our co-located DCs just outside London. We’re looking for someone with experience of (or a strong desire to learn!) one or more of low-level networking, Puppet, MySQL, RabbitMQ, Elasticsearch, Kafka… SaaS at scale a bonus!

We also have a senior leadership position opening up soon in Product Engineering, so if you want to lead the leaders of our core product teams, and if based in or around Edinburgh (or want to relocate), we’d be keen to hear from you.

Just drop me a line if you have any questions.

All the best,
Olly

--
Olly Headey
Co-founder and CTO, FreeAgent

FreeAgent Central, One Edinburgh Quay, 133 Fountainbridge, Edinburgh, EH3 9QG.
Registered in sunny Scotland SC316774