[LRUG] [JOBS] Looking for a junior dev at Apolitical

James Smith james at floppy.org.uk
Tue Nov 14 04:23:02 PST 2017

Hi everyone,

I’m looking for a junior dev to join my small engineering team at Apolitical (https://apolitical.co). We’re a growing startup in London, building a product that connects together policymakers and civil servants around the world to help them find and share the best ideas.

We’re migrating from a prototype built on Wordpress to a flexible collection of polyglot microservices, to allow the platform to scale up and deliver more interesting things more quickly. I’m determined to build a great team using the best techniques and technologies out there, so there will be a lot of opportunity to learn.

All the details (including how to apply) are at https://apolitical.co/work-with-us/junior-full-stack-developer/. Don’t panic - PHP isn’t actually required, the description was written before we had any in-house tech, and I’m not looking specifically for Ruby either. I’m more interested in finding people who care about our mission, and who have the potential to be great in whatever technology we end up with :)

If you’re from an underrepresented community, we’d *especially* like to hear from you - as a company with a highly diverse client base, we’re really keen to make sure we have a diverse team that can bring many different viewpoints to bear.

I’m talking at LRUG next week(!) if you want to have a chat to me about it.

Oh, and no agencies please :)

cheers,
James Smith