[LRUG] [JOBS] Looking for a Full Stack Developer @ Stowga

James Shipton james at stowga.com
Mon Nov 20 05:32:14 PST 2017

Hello LRUG,

We are looking for an on-site Full Stack Developer who is keen to be
involved in an early stage startup (we've just celebrated our first
birthday).

We are based in Shoreditch and are currently 6 people strong. There are 2
of us in the Tech team.

*WHAT WE DO*
Every single manufactured object around you will have been through a
warehouse at some point.

Stowga is a B2B marketplace that connects warehouses with spare capacity to
companies looking for on-demand warehousing services.

We are building the technology layer to optimise the storage,
transportation, handling, insuring and financing of goods - Warehousing as
a Service.

It’s a huge project that faces significant complex challenges - but the
prize is enormous: redefining logistics and how goods are moved and stored
around the world.

*WHAT THE ROLE OFFERS*
- Gain experience on all areas of our technical stack. This could involve
implementing a new dashboard module or data feed in one of our Rails apps
or working on the pricing and quoting algorithms in our Python api service.
- Opportunity to work closely with the Product, Commercial and Marketing
teams to influence and shape new features.
- Work in a flat team structure that values a pragmatic approach to writing
and testing software.
- Grow quickly in an expanding company with a varied role in a dynamic
start up environment.

*WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR*
- 1 or more years of commercial experience with Ruby on Rails.
- Knowledge of Python and an interest in data science a plus.
- Someone who strives to understand how lines of code translate to business
value.
- We value a good attitude over extensive experience.
- A strong communicator within the Tech team and also when working with the
Product, Commercial and Marketing teams.

*TECH STACK*
Ruby on Rails, Python, Heroku.

*WHAT YOU GET FROM US*
- £30k-£60k depending on experience.
- Options.
- 25 days holiday.
- Training, conference and equipment budget.

*INTERVIEW STAGES*
- Phone chat.
- Pairing session.
- Meet the team.

If this sounds interesting to you, then please get in touch at
jobs at stowga.com

James
CTO | Stowga