[LRUG] Voice Message from 014012796971 - name unavailable

Murray Steele murray.steele at gmail.com
Wed Sep 6 01:43:37 PDT 2017

Hi everyone,

Sorry about this spam.  Chances are any spam filtering you are running will
have meant you didn’t see it, but if you’re like me you have a “stop
running spam filtering on my mailing list subscriptions gmail, you’re too
zealous” rule so you did see it.

The list is configured so that only members can post, but also has a
whitelist for anyone posting from the lrug.org domain.  I forgot that
spammers often use fake addresses on real domains as fake from addresses
when sending out their stuff.  I’ll reconfigure the list so only real @
lrug.org addresses can post.

Sorry again!  Hope none of you fell for the trap.

Cheers,

Murray