[LRUG] [JOBS] Position for senior Ruby Developer At Formulate in Surrey

Fredy Konig fredykonig at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 14:25:39 PDT 2018

*Senior Ruby Developer at Formulate What we’re looking forFormulate is
looking to hire a senior Ruby developer to join our growing team. You will
be working alongside a small team of highly skilled front and back-end
developers to build internal and client projects. We work with high profile
clients in the FinTech industry among others, and this is a great
opportunity to work on websites and applications across a range of
industries and technologies.Who you areSomeone who loves writing code.
We’re looking for someone with in depth Ruby/Rails experience.  You have
the ability to work in a team and willingly share knowledge.Who we
areFormulate consists of a close knit team working from a farm based office
in Surrey. We work in a friendly and creative manner, and when it comes to
projects we all like to be very hands on. In our experience, having teams
of account managers and salespeople tend to cause more problems than they
solve, so we prefer to keep the team lean and highly skilled. Required
skills - Experience with Ruby, and Ruby on Rails.- Experience with
relational databases (MySQL and Postgres)- Experience with Javascript,
jQuery and an understanding of front-end frameworks- Comfortable working
with the full stack of web technologies, from front-end to DevOps- Good
understanding of Git and version control practices- Able to deploy websites
using Capistrano- You know your way around the command line- Passion for
technology and codeNice to have - Experience with testing frameworks
(RSpec) and Continuous Integration- Any Ops experience; server setup,
infrastructure as code (Chef/Ansible etc)- Experience with AWS (We use
OpsWorks and Chef for the majority of our infrastructure)- Some
contribution to Open Source would be nice to see- Some PHP experience (we
do have some older PHP websites, but they’re mostly managed externally)-
Experience with ElasticSearch, MongoDB, NodeJS or any other related tech. *
If interested Let me know.

Fredy Konig
Team Lead at Formulate