[LRUG] Looking for a few months of remote work

Asfand Qazi ayqazi at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 03:36:13 PDT 2018

Hello,

I have been doing Ruby and Rails for well over 10 years now. I have spent
the last couple of years doing this "DevOps" thing, during which I always
seem to do more Ruby any way (seeing as many infrastructure tooling is
written in Ruby). I've also picked up Go, as well as a little Python along
the way.

I can work across the entire stack, but my strength is at the back-end,
writing APIs, and then deploying and scaling them (where my DevOps mad
skillz kick in).

I've just about to finish working on the Comic Relief donations platform
for Armakuni, which was designed to accept 200 donations a second, and at
least 800,000 donations in total - quite the scaling problem. It is a
series of Ruby microservices deployed to CloudFoundry.

My other working is detailed in my CV, below.

I'm looking to work remotely for a few months, basically AT LEAST until the
end of June, after which I will go back to commuting and working in London.

Please let me know if you, or anyone you know, may be interested in hiring
me.

My CV is here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WDXUpqiQVehxCQmo_3cxLXXWL-t9uO3g/view?usp=sharing

Thanks