[LRUG] [JOBS] Technical Lead of a startup charity

James Darling james at abscond.org
Sun Aug 5 11:24:34 PDT 2018

Hi all,

Local Welcome is a charity I helped found and am now a trustee of. It's
making it easy for people who are different from each other to connect in a
divided world.

Our current focus is on bringing together refugees with local people in
their community to cook and eat a meal.

“I've been here for two years and this was the first time I forgot I was a
refugee.” — Ayham, Acton

We don't do this by making iPhone apps or something something blockchain,
but by thinking about how to apply basic old web applications to
communities. I have written about the larger picture here:
https://medium.com/@abscond/membership-a-prototype-ea822b2683b

We are now able to put together a small but proper multi-disciplinary agile
team to start building some software.

If you're interested, there is a full job description at
https://www.localwelcome.org/technical-lead

If you have any questions, feel free to ask me personally.

We're also looking for a Product Manager and a Designer, those job
descriptions are available here: https://www.localwelcome.org/join-our-team

Thanks,
James Darling
http://abscond.org