[LRUG] [Event] Isle of Ruby - CFP and tickets - correction

Barabas EvE b_seven_e at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Feb 3 09:38:57 PST 2018

Hi fellow Rubyists,
In my position of Dev Team Lead for NHS.UK part of NHSDigital and one of the organisers for Sheffield Ruby User Group I’m proud to be involved with Isle of Ruby, a brand-new conference we are running this April. If you are interested in a Ruby and a Tech for Good conference in the UK, we’ve got you covered. We would be grateful if you could pass this message along to the members of London Ruby User Group. Before you come and join us as an attendee (psssst our early bird tickets are on sale at the moment: https://ti.to/isleofruby/2018-edition/en), why not submit a proposal for a talk?   Technology does not exist in a vacuum. While Isle of Ruby is a Ruby conference, it also wants to spur on members of our community to consider how the work we do affects the world around us and what we can do to have an impact. We welcome both technological talks as well as talks about experiences along those lines and we will bring in people from other programming communities and disciplines to help us explore some of these questions. Some of our thinking around this can be found here: https://medium.com/noisland/no-island-dcf88f2f12d3 . Give us a shout if you need any more information info at isleofruby.org  or apply here https://cfp.isleofruby.org/events/isleofruby-2018  Thank you in advance and looking forward to hearing from you.

P.S. Ooops, please ignore the first email. Occupational hazard in using Leeds/London interchangeably :P (work has offices in both)
Sent from a train leaving Exeter  Kind regards,Eva Barabaseve at isleofruby.org@isleofruby