[LRUG] Is anyone hiring junior Ruby on Rails developers?

Christian Ball christianball at hotmail.co.uk
Tue Feb 6 01:58:58 PST 2018

Hello,  I'm a relatively new Rails developer based in London and looking for a role somewhere as a junior developer.

One of the LRUG organizers suggested I reach out to the community on this list to see if I can find anything, so if anyone works at a company who are recruiting junior Ruby on Rails developers, or knows anybody else who is, I'd be very grateful for any information, as well as any general advice about finding a junior role, or any recommendations for good recruitment agencies for junior developers, or any help at all really.

I was originally trained in object oriented programming with Java while I studied computer science at University and was good at it, and although I've done some freelance development work since graduating, I've mostly had to diverge and do jobs that were more to do with search engine optimization and online marketing.

I was made redundant from my previous job in October 2017 and have since been studying Ruby on Rails. I really like Rails because it combines Web development with object oriented programming. I've been able to pick it up fairly well because I already understood OOP, relational databases, HTML and CSS, but I do think I need to find a role where I'll be given a bit of support at first.

Thanks.

Christian (christianball at hotmail.co.uk)