[LRUG] [JOBS] Senior and Mid-level jobs at Buyapowa

Zubair Khan zubair at buyapowa.com
Mon Jan 8 04:36:44 PST 2018

Hi LRUG,

tl;dr We're hiring for about 3 developers, full stack cos you love
delivering business value. the tech team is super functional, we do retros
often and keep on learning. We use new technologies in production and easy
to use trusted ones too. Work from home Fridays and board game Tuesdays.
http://tech.buyapowa.com

I'm a long time lurker breaking my silence for what else, a job opening.
I'm CTO at a company called Buyapowa, we're a referral marketing platform.

We're currently powering referral programmes for some big name clients, and
will this year be opening up our north American arm of operations. We're
looking for three fullstack ruby devs to build our team.

We're a product first team, so that means your goal will always to be
delivering measurable business value to our clients. The strong product
focus means we push back on bespoke client work and build only for the
improvement of the product.

Our tech stack is nice and diverse, the core platform is on Rails (4 and
5), and we have production applications in Elixir and Phoenix. I'm not
going to list things like TDD, Continuous Integration and delivery or
retrospectives because that's standard hat by now right?

In 2018 we're looking to rebuild our high traffic client embedded front
end. We want to break it down in to both ui components (Vue or React) that
clients and pick and choose from and composable back end services that
clients can integrate to their taste. Other projects include good ol
reporting using elixir and google big data (yeh, right) and streams and
stuff. Client self service using Vue.js.

Finally if you're keen on product development, user testing, deploying to
production with what looks like reckless abandonment but is in fact a
confidence inspired by high quality testing and monitoring, give us a shout.

We're not 'scaling up' so we don't have a fixed set of hurdles in the shape
of a hiring process, so if you're interested and would like to have a chat,
please do get in contact. We're based in Victoria (right on platform 1).

My team's done a much better job of describing all this here:
http://tech.buyapowa.com
There should be a workable link there somewhere too, and we'll be at LRUG
tonight :)

Zubair Khan

CTO, Buyapowa