[LRUG] Looking for my next big role

Matthew Rudy Jacobs matthewrudyjacobs at gmail.com
Mon Jan 8 06:47:07 PST 2018

Hi I'm Matthew (@matthewrudy)

I've been going to LRUG since 2007.

I lived in Hong Kong for most of 2010-2016 where I got into building the
dev community.

I ran the monthly coding group Codeaholics,
and the annual polyglot conference Hong Kong Code Conf.

My most recent role was at GoGoVan - the proclaimed "First Unicorn" of Hong
Kong startups - where I lead the Back End team (~7 devs) and became Chief
Architect overseeing the system as a whole (~20 devs).

I've worked with Ruby, Postgres, and Redis most of my career
but have mostly coded Go in recent months.
I'm very interested in Elixir, Cassandra, Kafka, and Kubernetes.

For my next role I'm looking for a way to push my skills to the next level,
both in terms of the technology we use and my leadership skills.

I'm looking for a great team, with a product we can get excited about.

I'm really looking for something to commit to for the next few years, but
will also consider contract roles.

I have a CV I can send you if you're interested.
And I'll be at LRUG tonight!

See you there.
Matthew