[LRUG] [JOBS] Software Engineer, full time, London

Swapnil Bhiker Swapnil.Bhiker at cdp.net
Thu Jun 14 07:08:28 PDT 2018

Hello LRUG,

We are looking for a Software Engineer to join the software engineering team at CDP in a permanent position in our London office. We are international NGO that works to transform the way the world does business to prevent dangerous climate change and protect our natural resources. Our systems are used by companies, cities, states and regions to disclose environmental information to CDP. You'll have the opportunity to take on a range of exciting engineering challenges: from developing our portal, website/cms, guidance system, middleware and services to integrating with our partners. We use Scrum, Test Driven Development, Continuous Deployment which enables us to deploy the code to production every week.

Requirements
* Software engineering skills, using Ruby on Rails 5. Minimum 2-3 years' experience in building complex browser-based web apps.
* Experience of working with colleagues to understand their requirements and ideas and translate them into beautiful and robust applications.
* Front-end web development using HTML/HAML, CSS, CoffeeScript and JavaScript.
* TDD/BDD using RSpec, Capybara.
* Familiarity with GitFlow
* Confident written and oral communication skills, in English.

Salary and perks
- £40000-£45000 per annum, depending on experience
- Pension scheme
- 24 days holidays

Interview Stages
Round1: Technical
                - Interview in our London office.
                - Short pairing exercise with one of our developers.
Round2: General
                - Interview with a senior member from the other teams at CDP.

If this sounds interesting to you and if you  have the right to work in the UK, then please send your CV and including links to any code samples to swapnil.bhiker at cdp.net

Swapnil Bhiker
Head of Software Engineering
CDP