[LRUG] [JOBS] Remote role

Michael Pavling pavling at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 13:00:08 PDT 2018

Hey LRUG,

Just a quick hello, and a heads up that there's a vacancy (permanent,
full time) in the team I'm working in at the moment.

https://www.mdsol.com/en/careers/technology-analytics/principal-software-engineer-devops-ruby-on-rails-ror-aws/job/osyn7fwe

The team's fully remote - three of us scattered around the UK, and
five in the States. The company (2,000+ people) is head-quartered in
Lower Manhattan (Soho), but offices around the world - the main UK
presence is just opposite Hammersmith tube.

The role is varied - that's my summing of it.
A large proportion of support and maintenance on a behemoth of a Rails
app (last week I was tweaking some files that hadn't been touched
since 2011...) with a lot of cutting-edge running-to-keep-up with AWS
services and APIs. Containerisation is a big focus at the moment -
Docker and ECS are the (current) weapons of choice, and we're building
various tools to make them friendlier for the developers in the
organisation to roll their apps into them, and a lot of the new
tools/apps are being built with clojure/clojurescript.

Anyhoo, feel free to peruse the ad (or browser the others in the
company - there's a wide bunch of stuff going on here!) and if you're
interested either ping me if you want any more info, of just click the
apply button to get the ball rolling - somewhere along the process, if
you mention you heard about it from me I get a kick-back; there's
quite a lot of nice benefits here, and a good culture (it managed to
turn my head to permie employment after ten years of contracting).

Thanks for reading :-)

Michael