[LRUG] [JOBS] [London] [Full-time] Senior Software Engineer @ BridgeU

Gonçalo Morais goncalo at bridge-u.com
Fri Jun 15 10:12:30 PDT 2018

*Hello LRUG 👋At BridgeU <https://bridge-u.com?utm_source=LRUG> we’re
looking for Senior Rails engineers to join our growing team in London.The
team: We are part of a small team of five Rails engineers, passionate about
doing great work together. We have an open and democratic work culture
where everyone can contribute, learn and teach. Some highlights are: - A
fortnightly Investment day / training day, modelled on those at thoughtbot
<https://robots.thoughtbot.com/investment-time> and Happy Bear Software
<https://gist.github.com/Najaf/23fa0b33599bcf3d3035>.- We are all
full-stack: We each have our strengths and weaknesses, but as a team of
full-stack engineers we find we can work faster and more flexibly, and
solving the most important problems first, and solving them more
effectively.The company: At BridgeU we’re working to update the university
application process with modern technology. We use data science and machine
learning to recommend best-fit universities and courses for students from
over 100,000 options, based on their academic, professional and social
preferences. We build collaborative tools to make it easier than ever to
apply and study abroad or at home, both for students and for their school
teachers and staff.More information: check out
bit.ly/lrug-bridgeu-software-engineer
<http://bit.ly/lrug-bridgeu-software-engineer>, or email us at
goncalo at bridge-u.com <goncalo at bridge-u.com> / sam at bridge-u.com
<sam at bridge-u.com>  *