[LRUG] [JOBS] Full-Stack Developer @ Homeshift.com

Mooktakim Ahmed mooktakim at fluxter.co.uk
Tue Mar 27 03:40:50 PDT 2018

Hi all,

Homeshift is hiring an experienced Full-Stack Ruby developer.
We are not looking to use recruiters, so please don’t contact us if you’re
a recruiter.

You can apply here:
https://angel.co/homeshift/jobs/332505-senior-fullstack-ruby-on-rails-developer

*About Us*

Homeshift is a growing tech startup that helps consumers combine ‘must
have’ household services such as energy, internet and insurance into a
single subscription, visualised on a home dashboard, to give consumers
better value services, faster customer support and a simpler experience. We
are venture backed by funds such as Seedcamp and prominent angels who were
behind businesses such as Skype, Findaproperty and Prime Location.

*Description*

We’re looking for a talented senior full-stack Ruby on Rails developer to
work in a hyper-collaborative and creative environment.

You’ll be a key member of the team developing our main product, Homeshift.
Our product is already used by thousands of customer, and with your help
we’ll move it into in a market leading position.

Homeshift’s core values are collaboration and taking initiative; we’re not
looking for someone to just write code, we’re looking for someone to be
part of the conversation and help lead our flat team. To bring smarts,
passion and creativity to the table to help us figure out the best way to
delight our end users and clients.

If you are a passionate senior developer and think you have the skills,
drive and talent to help us build up our team, we’d really like you to get
in touch!

*What we’re looking for:*

• Excellent communicator and collaborator with both technical and
non-technical members of the team.
• Ability to work in a team and individually.
• Able to keep to agreed deadlines.
• Excellent time management skills.
• Able to give progress updates as and when required.
• Calm and focused under pressure.
• Has experience in project scoping & system conceptualisation.
• Ability to design all layers of architecture and maintain complex
systems.
• 5+ years of web development experience.
• Expert knowledge and experience in building web API.
• Service Oriented Architecture experience (also Microservices).
• Expert level understanding of Ruby on Rails framework.
• Familiarity with AWS/Google cloud environment (AWS is desirable).
• Database knowledge and experience (Postgres is desirable)
• Can build and lead a team of developers.

*Benefits: *

• Competitive compensation package, equity options scheme and perks
• A senior role in a fast-growing technology startup
• 25 days holiday, not including bank holidays
• A great working environment where you can make a real impact