[LRUG] [JOBS] Rails Contract, Oxford Circus

Michael Wawra michael at wawra.co.uk
Tue Mar 27 03:48:01 PDT 2018

Heyo!

I'm looking for a Ruby on Rails contractor to come join our team. Starting
ASAP, based in Oxford Circus.

We’ve been working on a arms-length startup built for Tata Steel, so we
have a corporate backer allowing us to grow. The project is called Steel
Scout, it allows users to buy steel! It’s interesting, because I bet you
didn’t know how complicated steel is! Recently we took the team
(contractors included) to a steel mill to see big 500tn crucibles of liquid
metal. If you’re thinking Terminator 2, you’re about right. But bigger. No
killer robots though, sorry about that.

We have a Rails app for administration, with a set of APIs that are
consumed by the customer facing React app. This job is focused on the Rails
side, but if you have React skills, helping out on that side is cool too.
Hosting is on Heorku, tests are solid, and we’ve generally got a smooth
process. Two admin users are in the room, so there is great feedback on
changes as we make them.

We’re a small team of 10 in engineering, and 30 in the whole business. So
it’s a great, friendly atmosphere.

If this sounds like your bag, then drop me an email and we’ll book some
time on the phone!

Michael