[LRUG] [ANN] June meeting details

Murray Steele murray.steele at lrug.org
Tue May 22 13:13:15 PDT 2018

Hi everyone!

Our next meeting is on Monday 18th June at Code Node, Skills Matter’s venue
between Moorgate and Liverpool Street stations.  Doors at 6pm, talks start
at 6:30pm and we’ll be done by 8pm.

Eagle-eyed attendees will not that the time is the same as our usual
meetings, but the date is a week later than our normal schedule of second
Monday of the month.  Hope that’s not too inconvenient for you all.

We have two talks lined up:

* “How to grow a small development team” by Najaf Ali
* “Breaking into computers over the internet” by David Somers

You can find out more about both of these talks on
http://lrug.org/meetings/2018/june/.

If that’s not enough to entice you (but it should be, these talks sound
great!) we also have 2 tickets for Brighton Ruby, https://brightonruby.com, to
give away courtesy of Streetbees.

Streetbees is an Artificial Intelligence based Market Research platform
bolstered by powerful community building tools.  Real people.  Real lives.
In real time.  https://www.streetbees.com/careers

To be in with a chance of winning you should register with our hosts,
Skills Matter, and make sure you attend on the night as the tickets have to
go on the night of the meeting.

To attend you should:

1. Read http://readme.lrug.org to familiarise yourself with our code of
conduct so you know how we expect you to behave, and how you should get in
touch with us if someone doesn’t.
2. Register with Skills Matter to secure a place:
https://skillsmatter.com/meetups/11010-lrug-june. Registering makes sure we
get the best room for the number of attendees, so please do register early
if you can.

Cheers,

Murray (and the rest of the LRUG organising team)