[LRUG] [JOBS] JOBLAB ARE HIRING!

Jairo Diaz jairo.diaz at codescrum.com
Thu Nov 15 12:32:47 PST 2018

Hi all,

If you came to LRUG this week, you might remember that Aidan from Joblab
introduced the company and Simon explained the role.

They are looking for a Mid-Senior Tech Lead (Leading to CTO).

We (as Codescrum) were involved in the implementation of the MVP for the
company a few years ago and we wanted to vouch for them because they are
very nice people that are making a difference. Besides Simon has
participated in most of the events that we've organised, Thanks Simon! :)

Their job offer is below. If you know of someone who might be a good fit
for the role, please let them know and get in touch!

*JOBLAB ARE HIRING! *

*About JobLab*
JobLab is an all in one hiring platform. We're on a mission to fix a broken
system. Job boards and recruitment agents are inefficient and misaligned
with the needs of graduate and student jobseekers. We exist to help young
professionals get discovered by their dream employer.

It's no small undertaking. We want to be known as the most trusted,
frictionless, and invisible recruitment service on earth. The startup world
requires grit, hard work, and a passion for solving problems you care
about. If you want to join a small team early in their journey, trying to
disrupt a broken industry and help young people start their careers, keep
reading.

We're looking for a full stack Rails developer with at least 2-years of
experience to join our small team and help us iterate faster. Following
recent funding this is an opportunity to have a positive impact on a range
of people across our services.

*We love our tech stack and keep it up to date:*

* Ruby on Rails (updated several times, now on 5.x)
* Opal Hyperloop frontend
* PostgreSQL (with neat JSONB analytics data)
* ElasticSearch (used heavily for candidate search with custom ranking
functions)
* Sprinkling of Javascript
* RSpec and Capybara tests
* Sidekiq workers using Redis
* Heroku hosting, S3 uploads
* Git, GitHub, CI & CD
* Monitoring, reporting, analytics
* Etc…

We don't expect you to know all these, but solid Ruby and Rails knowledge
is important as it's the heart of our codebase. Bringing more Javascript
knowledge to the team is a plus, and other skills are welcome—we're always
interested in evaluating new technologies (like Crystal, ActionCable,
React) so let us know!

You'll have chances to work across our different services and components.
An upcoming project will be building out one of latest features: JobLab
Tokens (JLT). We've introduced JLT as a way of acknowledging our awesome
candidate community and thank them for choosing to engage with JobLab over
all others. This is just one of the varied and exciting projects we have in
pipeline!

*Development processes include:*

* Version control (Git & Github)
* Continuous integration testing
* Performance monitoring
* Security best practices
* Error reporting
* A/B testing

You will help us define further processes that make sense for development
in the team as we grow. You may like to try pair programming and other
knowledge sharing such as going to meet ups and conferences (tickets paid),
but everyone works in different ways so it's not required.

Qualifications and skills

* 💡 CS or related degree / Code camp / Self taught and proud!
* 🔨 At least 2-years working with Ruby on Rails.
* 🐣 Communicative, inquisitive, and experimental.
* 🤔 Reasoning for/against using a technology / best practice.

*Hiring*

We believe diverse company culture leads to more creative ideas and better
products for our users, so we encourage people from all backgrounds to
apply. Show us some projects, experiences or ideas you're proud of 🎉:
matt at joblab.com

Applying through JobLab would be great dogfooding—improving the candidate
experience is always a priority so suggestions are welcome; you might be
the one implementing them! https://app.joblab.com/vacancy/13015

*Perks*
Stock Options, Conference budget & time off, Good coffee, Laptop insurance,
Ruby on Rails!

*Jairo Diaz*
Founder & CEO, Codescrum
jairo at codescrum.com | https://codescrum.com/ | Skype: talk.2.jairo
<https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#-991326836_> | WeWork Spitalfields, 1
Primrose Street, London EC2A 2EX
<http://t.sidekickopen41.com/e1t/c/5/f18dQhb0S7lC8dDMPbW2n0x6l2B9nMJW7t5XZs7gs3QsW7dSlLd4Y8__HW64k8w-56dFdCf3t6tVl02?t=http%3A%2F%2Fus.linkedin.com%2Fin%2F4diaz&si=5376838071746560&pi=5c2f2a55-ddb1-4c43-fa95-957a0d469bad>

<http://t.sidekickopen41.com/e1t/c/5/f18dQhb0S7lC8dDMPbW2n0x6l2B9nMJW7t5XZs7gs3QsW7dSlLd4Y8__HW64k8w-56dFdCf3t6tVl02?t=http%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2Fcodescrum&si=5376838071746560&pi=5c2f2a55-ddb1-4c43-fa95-957a0d469bad>
<http://t.sidekickopen41.com/e1t/c/5/f18dQhb0S7lC8dDMPbW2n0x6l2B9nMJW7t5XZs7gs3QsW7dSlLd4Y8__HW64k8w-56dFdCf3t6tVl02?t=http%3A%2F%2Flinkedin.com%2Fin%2F4diaz&si=5376838071746560&pi=5c2f2a55-ddb1-4c43-fa95-957a0d469bad>
<http://t.sidekickopen41.com/e1t/c/5/f18dQhb0S7lC8dDMPbW2n0x6l2B9nMJW7t5XZs7gs3QsW7dSlLd4Y8__HW64k8w-56dFdCf3t6tVl02?t=https%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2Fcodescrum&si=5376838071746560&pi=5c2f2a55-ddb1-4c43-fa95-957a0d469bad>

***Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message, including any attachments,
of the original message.***