[LRUG] [JOBS] Senior and/or Intermediate Rails contractor required for part time (or possibly full-time) project. REMOTE WORKING

Dave Anderson dave.anderson at multifixbury.com
Wed Sep 5 08:12:48 PDT 2018

Hi All,
After recently advertising on LRUG for a senior rails dev, the contractor we chose unfortunately had a change of plans and is no longer available.
I wanted to re-advertise the vacancy on LRUG, particularly as we are now also offering a bit more flexibility about what we are looking for and potentially looking for an intermediate level devs as well as a senior.

Revised Job Spec
We have been developing a bespoke order management system which handles allocation of stock, a customer facing order status tracking facility, delivery notifications and an analytics dashboard for internal use (as well as much more).  It integrates with various APIs and is quite wide ranging in scope.  It features a rails 5 backend and uses react for parts of the front end.
The project is at a stage where most of the functionality is built, but due to the fact that we have been racing to produce a proof of concept app as quickly as possible and that there were initially many unknowns, the codebase is not as solid and reliable as it needs to be.  Currently, very little automated testing has been implemented.
Our aim now is to implement fairly thorough TDD/BDD testing and refactor the code to make it more reliable, efficient and able to handle all possible exceptions and edge cases.
Initially we were looking for a senior dev to be involved with implementation as well as to provide leadership in the form of code review, mentorship and architecture planning.

Whilst this is still our first choice, the development budget prohibits hiring those with highest day rates.  For this reason, we would also consider hiring an experienced senior dev for a few hours per week, just to provide top level guidance, and also hire another intermediate dev to assist with day-to-day implementation.
The very small development team has up until now consisted of 2 members, but is now down to just one following a developer leaving.  We use Jira and loosely follow Agile methodology.
Availability for occasional face-to-face meetings with the managing director and/or other developer would be desirable (office based in Maidstone. - Meetings with the other developer could also potentially be in central a London coffee shop for example if more convenient), however outside of this, remote work would be welcome and fully remote work would not be completely out of the question.
To summarise, we are looking for either:

  *   A senior dev available to work 1-3 days per week on strategy and implementation with an affordable day rate.
OR
  *   A senior dev available to work approx 6 hours per week (ideally spread in 2-3 hour chunks over 2 or 3 days) AND an intermediate dev available to work approx 2-5 days per week.

If you are interested, please send a CV to dave.anderson at multifixbury.com<mailto:dave.anderson at multifixbury.com> we are looking to hire immediately.
Thanks.

Dave Anderson
Technical Project Manager / Developer

DDI:020 3096 7445
Email:dave.anderson at multifixbury.com

[http://multifixbury.london/email-signature/left.png]<https://www.multifixbury.com/>

[http://multifixbury.london/email-signature/right.png]<https://www.multifixbury.com/promo-redirect>

[http://multifixbury.london/email-signature/fa.gif]<http://www.facebook.com/pg/201017850098649/>[http://multifixbury.london/email-signature/tw.gif]<https://twitter.com/MultifixBury>[http://multifixbury.london/email-signature/li.gif]<https://www.linkedin.com/company-beta/9668188/>

*This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender. Finally, the recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. Multifix Supply Company Ltd accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.