[LRUG] Web Ops

Toby Privett toby at snaplab.co.uk
Fri Sep 7 07:44:03 PDT 2018

Hi LRUG

I am working on a client project that needs some Web Ops work done. I've
been asked for a best guess as to "how much Web ops time" would be needed
(days, weeks, months).

The core application is a Rails 5 monolith with a Postgres database. This
needs to be installed on Azure within a corporate network, with services
such as SMTP, File Storage, Azure Key Vaults.

Four environments, dev, staging, pre-prod and prod. CI/CD with eg Travis,
Gitlab.
Some logging / health checks / error reporting
DNS configuration

That's about it. Pretty standard stuff. (apart from the inevitable
corporate spanners in the works)

Anyone have a sense of how much time I should ask for?

Cheers
Toby

--
Kind regards,