[LRUG] [JOBS] Full Stack Engineer at Fixers - Y Combinator S18

Lisa Simpson lisa at fixersworld.com
Fri Jan 4 08:13:20 PST 2019

Happy New Year LRUG!

We're looking for a Full Stack Software Engineer to join our founding team
in London more info below.

*ABOUT FIXERS*

Backed by Y Combinator <https://www.ycombinator.com/> S18 and Foundation
Capital <https://foundationcapital.com/> - Fixers is a rapidly growing
travel and experiences marketplace. Come and work with us to create the
most exciting travel store on the planet!

*THE ROLE*
We're looking for a Senior Full Stack Software Engineer based in London to
join our founding team and work directly with our CEO and
product/engineering team to take our platform technology to new heights.
This is the ideal role for somebody looking for a senior engineering role
within an extremely fast-paced and rapidly growing startup.

*TEAM*
Fixers is founded by smart and passionate seasoned entrepreneurs that have
worked together for 12 years and built and sold businesses in travel,
events and music. We're looking for somebody to join our extremely talented
founding team that shares our drive and hunger, work hard play hard
attitude and enormous vision for Fixers to become the 'everything store for
travel'.

*YOUR PROFILE*
You'll be a complete self-starter and passionate about travel technology
and marketplaces with a huge amount of drive and determination and
experience working across multiple industries for various data points of
reference, ideally in high performance start ups.

*REQUIREMENTS / SKILLS*

   - You are a coder at heart and live and breath writing quality code at
   speed.
   - Mastery of Ruby on Rails and React.
   - Extensive knowledge of HTML/CSS.
   - Experience with database storage solutions preferably PostgreSQL.
   - Experience using Github Workflow.
   - Prior experience running a Heroku application and usage of AWS Tools.
   - You like hard problems, but also know how to keep things simple with
   structure and prioritisation.
   - Exceptional and meticulous code review abilities.
   - Knowledge in building scalable systems.
   - Ability to think creatively and innovatively with fantastic
   communication skills.
   - Self-driven, self-motivated, proactive.
   - Willingness to go the extra mile.
   - You’re a team player and fun to be around.

*BENEFITS*

   - Compelling salary and equity package dependant on experience.
   - Be a part of a fast-paced entrepreneurial team in a thriving Y
   Combinator backed startup
   - Flexible working hours
   - Company bucket list, we all add to it and tick them off together.
   - Adventure meetings - boardrooms done our style up a mountain, whilst
   kayaking, on an island.
   - Pension scheme
   - Work & play at some of the most exciting events and experiences on the
   planet.

*APPLY:* careers at fixersworld.com