[LRUG] [JOBS] - Thimble | London | On-Site Preferred (Remote Friendly)

Joshua Balloch josh at thimble.dev
Mon Jul 1 03:46:14 PDT 2019

Hello London Rubyists,

I'm Josh - I run a London-based software consulting company called Thimble
<https://thimble.dev>, and we're looking for 2 software engineers to join
our team.

Our focus is to work with clients to impact their business as a whole. As
engineers, we work embedded in existing teams to build software. As
consultants, we engage with the wider business, its stakeholders and
leadership, to help connect its strategy to day-to-day software development.

We work with companies in the US and the UK, primarily on custom software
which powers ecommerce, operations, finance & accounting systems. Our work
often involves the more complicated sides of larger system architectures,
including aspects of distributed computing. Our current projects are based
heavily in Ruby, and we've also used a mix of Python, Elixir, and other
languages in the past.

The details:

   1. We want to onboard 2 new software engineers. Full time is preferred,
   Contractors also welcome. (Contractor duration: 3-6 months)
   2. We're remote friendly - our clients are currently based elsewhere -
   but we're trying to build a primarily on-site team.
   3. We prefer candidates with 2+ years of experience who are interested
   in both the technical and business/stakeholder sides of building software

More info at: https://thimble.dev/careers

Please reach out if you are interested!

Josh