[LRUG] Go Free Range available to hire from March 2019

Chris Roos chris.roos at gofreerange.com
Tue Mar 5 04:13:50 PST 2019

Hi folks,

We're available to hire from this month and are on the lookout for our
next project. Here's a few ways we might be able to help you:

- We're a team of 4 experienced developers
(https://gofreerange.com/#people) who are as comfortable building new
applications from scratch (e.g.
https://gofreerange.com/projects#crown-marketplace) as we are
refactoring legacy code (e.g.
https://gofreerange.com/projects#trainline).

- We'll get your application deployed to a PaaS (e.g. Heroku or AWS
Elastic Beanstalk), to IaaS (e.g. AWS EC2, Linode) or to your own
servers.

- We enjoy working with existing teams and particularly coaching new
developers. You might want to build a team around us (e.g.
https://gofreerange.com/projects#futurelearn-mooc-platform) while we
help you to establish good development practices.

- We can improve developer productivity by encouraging effective git
workflows, configuring Vagrant for repeatable development
environments, offering advice about testing strategies and promoting
the use of CI.

- We prefer to work in an agile way. We can show you how that works
and work with you to adopt agile practices.

- Give us a problem to solve - we love creative projects
(https://gofreerange.com/projects) and prototyping.

Our favourite language is Ruby and we're happy to work on Rails
projects. We can also turn our hand to JavaScript (e.g.
https://gofreerange.com/projects#bbc-voice), Elm (e.g.
https://gofreerange.com/projects#mission-patch) and iOS development.
We've worked on web applications, data-processing systems, 3D
graphics, voice-controlled applications including the Alexa, video-
and audio-processing tools, data science and more. We love a
challenge.

If you think we might be able to work together contact us at
lets at gofreerange.com and we'll arrange to meet you for a cuppa.

Cheers, Chris