[LRUG] [JOBS] Shakespeare Schools Foundation is still looking for a freelancer to help them out with their Rails site.

Ed Jones ed at error.agency
Fri Mar 15 05:20:39 PDT 2019

Hi folks

I dropped you a note a couple of months ago about Shakespeare Schools Foundation (https://www.shakespeareschools.org/ <https://www.shakespeareschools.org/>), a former client of ours, who desperately need some help from a strong Ruby / Rails freelancer. I had several replies (thanks!), but unfortunately the freelancer we lined up didn't work out, and there are some critical short-term things they need help with. If you can help out, they (and I) would be really grateful. I anticipate 5 days' effort or more, plus some inevitable handover / spin-up time for you, and an ongoing relationship with them.

If you're keen, please drop me a note and I'll put you in touch. (Sorry if you already have; please email me again!)

Here are some more details from my last email, which still apply:

Their website has a backend which helps schools organise their workshops and performances, and the whole thing links to their internal CRM. The codebase needs a few changes for this year's festival, and some bugfixes and maintenance. I can help to hand over the code to you. It's a pretty standard Rails stack using all the usual gems - devise, pundit, draper etc.

The foundation does great work for kids across the country, and their money would go further with a freelancer than engaging us at agency rates. If you're willing to cut them a deal on your usual rate that's awesome, but not expected.

Thanks.

Ed

--
Error