[LRUG] Might be of interest for remote workers and contractors

Eric Theise erictheise at gmail.com
Thu Mar 21 10:55:04 PDT 2019

One comment on your "Cons" list. Missing out on treats and games, for me,
doesn't leave permanent scars.

The biggest problem with "events that happen in the office" is the
impromptu decisions that get made between standups. By that I mean the
scenario where there's a morning standup, remote workers carry on, and
during the day an important decision or reprioritization gets made that
isn't ported over to Slack (or whatever). Sometimes this'll surface at the
next day's standup or in the day's commit messages but it's easy to miss a
change in direction and feel disenfranchised from decision making.

Probably less likely to happen when a culture of remote working
predominates but when remote workers are in the minority, well, that's the
biggest con for me.

Eric