[LRUG] [ANN] May 2019 meeting (partial) details

Murray Steele murray.steele at lrug.org
Thu May 2 15:05:34 PDT 2019

Hi all,

Our next meeting is on Monday 20th May, hosted by Skills Matter at Code
Node which is nestled on South Place between Liverpool Street and Moorgate
stations.  Doors open at 6pm, the meeting starts at 6:30pm and we aim to
finish by 8pm.

The more astute of you will have noticed that this is a week later than our
usual schedule of the second Monday of the month.  There was a booking
conflict with a paid event at Skills Matter so we moved by a week.  Our
June meeting will be back on schedule on Monday 10th June.

For our May meeting we have one talk lined up:

Pablo Brasero Moreno will be telling us how he’s "Getting the next
generation into coding”

This won’t fill the alloted time though, so please do get in touch if
you’ve got something you’d like to share with the group.  If you don’t I
guess I could do a dramatic reading of the commit messages from rails.
While that might be funny for a couple of minutes, I guarantee it’d drag on
for a full hour, so you don’t want me to do that.  Reply directly to me, or
talks at lrug.org if you’ve got something and we’ll sort it all out.

The rest of the meeting details, including more about Pablo’s talk and more
info on getting in touch if you’d like to volunteer to fill the agenda, can
be found at http://lrug.org/meetings/2019/may/

Once you’ve read all that you can register to attend by:

1. Reading our code of conduct at: http://readme.lrug.org#code-of-conduct
2. Registering with our hosts at:
https://skillsmatter.com/meetups/11952-lrug

Hope to see you all there!