[LRUG] Running production apps on Heroku

Steve Butterworth steve at flumes.com
Thu Sep 19 06:22:10 PDT 2019

Hi Matt,

I would strongly consider the combination of Cloud66 and Digital Ocean (or another cloud or bare metal provider even).

We also have limited sysadmin chops which Cloud66 helps us with no end.  We've been using this combination in production for years for several products. Support and reliability is great and its ultra flexible, much cheaper than Heroku when you need any serious grunt and arguably easier to setup too. They have built in support for staging/production environments, security advisories etc.

Steve