[LRUG] example SOAP api to use as part of upcoming lrug talk

James Darling james at abscond.org
Tue Apr 28 03:03:34 PDT 2020

Last year I worked with dxw on the Workday (
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Workday,_Inc.) SOAP API for the Crown
Commercial Service. The source code is open if anyone wants to see our
solution:
https://github.com/dxw/DataSubmissionServiceAPI/tree/develop/app/models/workday

This taught me that not all SOAP APIs are particularly strict at following
standards, so in this case, finding a library that helps manage the cruft,
but also allows you to dig into the XML to tweak it is helpful.

Overall, I would not describe it as an enjoyable experience, so if anyone
else needs to integrate their ruby app with Workday, then I can help, but I
will add some £ onto my day rate ;-)