[LRUG] September meeting pre-announce + talks needed

Murray Steele murray.steele at lrug.org
Mon Aug 17 13:42:21 PDT 2020

Hey folks,

The next LRUG meeting will be on Monday 14th September and it's still
remote.  TBQH we'll almost certainly be remote until next year so we might
stop pretending it's a new and exciting thing.  Expect zoom until you hear
otherwise, I'm sure we'll make a big song and dance about it when we can
meet up in person again.

We have one talk lined up for you so far:

* Matt Swanson - StimulusJS: Modest JS for the HTML you have

StimulusJS is the JS framework extracted from the most recent Basecamp
version, which is why it might be interesting to us rubyists.

Still plenty of room for more talks so if you'd like to present something
to our virtual faces now's the time to volunteer.

Our confirmed speaker, Matt, is actually from the US so not based in
London, or even the same timezone.  If you're one of those non-London-based
lurkers on this list who always thinks "oh, I'd love to talk at LRUG but
I'm just not physically in London, what a shame", well, why not think about
proposing something, cos physicality isn't a constraint we have anymore..
We meet at 6:30pm London time - which is
https://everytimezone.com/s/e2000d7c in your timezone.  We'd love to hear
from you!

Cheers,

Murray & the LRUG organising team