[LRUG] [JOBS] Regular freelance work for a Senior Rubyist

Inka Howorth inka at honeydew-health.com
Fri Jan 31 08:58:29 PST 2020

Hello LRUG,

Are you a Senior Ruby developer who’d like an extra source of income from regular freelance work? Have you got a day a week (or thereabouts) to spare? Are you good at working with legacy code? If the answer is yes, read on:

We are a super friendly little HR SaaS company, based partly in Techhub London and partly in Brighton. We work with a great freelance Rubyist already, but the backlog is getting longer and we could do with an extra pair of hands. We like working flexibly and remotely so your location is not so important as long as you know your code and don’t mind getting stuck into ours. Ideally this would be an ongoing arrangement e.g. 1 day per week, collaborating with the current developer and myself, the product manager. It doesn’t have to be the same day each week (although it could be if that works for you) and it could also be 2 days one week and none the next.

The application (https://engage.honeydew-health.com) was first built in 2012 and has grown over the years so there is a lot of legacy code, of course. The site is very stable and we don’t have many bugs or issues. We do have a growing customer base and this brings new feature and performance requirements regularly. We have a long list of backlog tasks and tweaks we would like to get on top of this year.

The frameworks and tools we use are:

Ruby-on-Rails (upgrade to Rails 5 currently in its final stage)

MySQL

Linux (server maintenance is already covered)

AWS and Google Cloud

Github

Capistrano for deployment

Ansible for server builds

CircleCi for testing

Rest APIs

Trello for bug tracking and ticketing

If you’d be interested in finding out more, please get in touch. If you know someone else who might be interested, do feel free to forward this on!

--
Kind regards,

Inka Howorth
Director of Product
Honeydew Health Ltd

E: inka at honeydew-health.com
M: 07940 410560

Honeydew Health website<http://www.honeydew-health.com/> | Absencehub.com<http://www.absencehub.com/> | LinkedIn<http://www.linkedin.com/groups/Honeydew-Health-3336312> | Twitter<http://www.twitter.com/honeydew_health> | Blog<http://www.honeydew-health.com/blog>